The OPC Server for GE Speedtronic Mark V Direct supports direct connections to MarkV and MarkV LM controllers via the Stagelink protocol over ARCNET networks. With this OPC Server, the GE TCI/GSM software is no longer required for communication to GE Mark V and Mark V LM's controllers. Unlike other drivers, this product offers a high performance link to the Mark V and Mark V LM capable of sub-second scan rates with a very simple configuration as well as supporting OPC A&E.
The MatrikonOPC Server for GE Speedtronic Mark V (Direct) now supports CCSI ARCNET USB adapters for an easy external connection and higher communications performance.
- Time synchronization where the OPC Server can act as a time master on the ARCNET network.
- Turbine Alarm Acknowledgement (NEW!!!)
- Alarm information can be retrieved through OPC DA Items. (NEW!!!)
- Auto detection of CCSI ARCNET PCI cards and/or USB adapters
- Automatic configuration of OPC Server and tag lists using TCI PC configuration files.
- Supports process, diagnostic alarms, and logic events via simple OPC A&E
- High performance link capable of transferring many tags at sub-second update rates.
- Access to all tags in the Mark V/Mark V LM
- OPC tags containing valuable Mark V/Mark V LM controller load and status information.
- Real-time process data (with millisecond time accuracy)
- Timestamps taken directly from the controller
- SOE (Sequence of events data)
- Can reside on the same PC as CIMPLICITY, and also reside on a remote PC
- Support is included for the Mark V LM
- Ethernet connection
While the Mark V also support a Modbus connection, Modbus does not provide timestamps, and hence determining the proper sequence of events is typically impractical using Modbus. However, Matrikon's OPC Server for the GE Mark V Direct provides access to both the real-time data (with millisecond accuracy), as well as SOE (Sequence of Events) data from the turbine controllers, using the timestamps from the controller.
The GE SPEEDTRONIC Mark V turbine control is an integrated control, protection and monitoring system for generator and mechanical driver applications of gas and steam turbines. It is also a platform for integrating power island and balance-of-plant controls. The system is comprised of the HMI (GE CIMPLICITY), gas/steam turbine controller, and the gas/steam turbine controller. Often integrated with these core components are a variety of peripheral devices and software, such as, historians, engineering work stations, HRSG controllers, LCI static starters, and many other devices.
The OPC Server for Mark V direct from MatrikonOPC will connect to unlimited points, unlike other OPC servers available that have a 500 point limit. This means that data will not be lost when operators switch HMI views, as an example.