Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian
Easily and seamlessly log process data. Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian helps optimize
operations through analysis and reporting.
Unlocking the true value of your control automation data begins with your ability
to capture and access it for future analysis, reporting, and informed decision making.
Capable of handling data capture needs ranging from a few items to tens of thousands
of data points per instance, OPC Desktop Historian is the right history tool for
use 'in the field' and the shop-floor. Focused on easy setup, easy data capture,
and secure local access - ODH can be used as a standalone historian or as a history
buffer in larger, distributed store-and-forward history architectures.
The HUB and Spoke feature allows ODH to act as the “HUB” (central historian) or
“Spoke” (remote buffer/historian) without external dependencies. With this feature,
ODH can pull or push historical data form any historian directly via the OPC interface;
no additional products required. It also has multi instance ability to configure
multiple nodes of Hub and Spoke network.
The Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian is:
- A powerful historian for the price of an OPC HDA driver!
- Easily Configurable
- Easy to deploy
- OPC DA and OPC HDA Compliant
- Low Maintenance
Try Matrikon ODH Risk Free:
For those just getting started with data capture and or those looking to archive
fifty items or fewer - Matrikon provides ODH for free, no strings attached. For
those ready to take data capture to the next level - Matrikon offers reasonably
priced packages for every job size.
Licensing (Single instance and Multi instance):
OPC Desktop Historian with 50 tags > Single instance only
OPC Desktop Historian with 500 tags support > Single instance only
OPC Desktop Historian with 25K tags* > Single instance includes Easy Trender, Excel Reporter & File Collector
OPC Desktop Historian with 25K tags* > Single instance includes Easy Trender, Excel Reporter, File Collector and History Link (Require separate purchase of History Link license)
OPC Desktop Historian with 25K tags* > Multi instance includes Easy Trender, Excel Reporter & File Collector
OPC Desktop Historian with 25K tags* > Multi instance includes Easy Trender, Excel Reporter, File Collector and History link (Require separate purchase of History Link license)
* Maximum of 15K tags can configured per instance of ODH in order to maintain an
update rate of 1 sec for all 15K tags. Maximum of 25K tags can be configured per
instance but keep in mind the update rate performance may
Available online today
Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian includes:
- Supports input of historical data through the OPC HDA server (insert, replace,and
- Supports Strings.
- Easy, seamless data archiving. For operations optimization, analysis, reporting,
and much more
- Control over maximum load an OPC client can place on the historian.
- The Backup and Restore tool.
- Rolling Buffer Storage Engine (FF7R) for set and forget storage
- Long Term Storage (FF7) for permanent persistence.
- Tag Lifetime that enables tags that rarely change to be updated and recorded to
- File Collector that intelligently reads data from files and writes data to an HDA
server with the support of monitoring multiple directories.
Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian is a key component to an overall Hub-and-Spoke solution.
Learn more about OPC Hub and Spoke Solution here
Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian features include (New release 5.1.0):
- Multi-instances of ODH is supported. User can create more than one instance of ODH
- Multi-instances of History Link is supported. User can create more than one instance
of History Link Multi-Instance Utility
- ODH can be installed as a stand-alone or Hub and Spoke. User will be able to install
ODH either as a standalone or Hub and Spoke with History Link option
- ODH configured with 10K tags – 10K tags/sec gets archived (meets standard performance
- ODH configured with 15K tags – 15K tags/sec gets archived (meets standard performance
- ODH configured with 20K tags – 20K tags/sec gets archived (No loss of data expected;
Typically, we consider archiving values 1 sample/ sec per tag for a max of 15K tags;
When we raised the tag count > 15K, noticed the delay in archiving of samples)
ODH upgrade from V4.7.0 to V5.1.0
ODH Installed Version
5.1.x.x or Higher Installer Behavior
MatrikonOPC Desktop Historian 4.7
5.1.x.x or higher version can be installed either as stand-alone or Hub and Spoke
MatrikonOPC Desktop Historian 4.7 with History Link 4.0.7
With History Link 4.0.7 installed, 5.1.x.x or higher version can only be installed
as stand-alone. Once History-Link 4.0.7 is uninstalled, 5.1.x.x or higher version
can be installed either as stand-alone or Hub and Spoke
MatrikonOPC Desktop Historian 5.0.x.x as stand-alone
5.1.x.x or higher version can be installed either as stand-alone to Hub and Spoke
MatrikonOPC Desktop Historian 5.0.x.x as Hub and Spoke
5.1.x.x or higher version can only be installed as Hub and Spoke
In this diagram, two instances of ODH are running on the Target Machine (located
in the center). By using History Link (HL) the Target Machine is able to independently
service data synchronization between two different Enterprise Historians (Honeywell
PHD and OSI Pi) and their respective remote buffers/historians.
Instance 1 of ODH combined with HL is pulling
data from an ODH in New York City and another ODH located in Boston - pushing the
data into Honeywell PHD (the central or ‘Hub’ Historian). This is diagrammatically
represented as HUB and Spoke network number 1.
Instance 2 of ODH is pulling data from an ODH
in San Antonio and an ODH at El Paso (it can be any number of smaller historian)
and pushing the data into Pi Historian (the central or ‘Hub’ Historian). This is
diagrammatically represented as HUB and Spoke network number 2.
With the support for multi-instance execution, the latest ODH (with a previous configuration)
allows a single PC to service multiple independent HUB and Spoke networks. Without
additional software required this presents a much simpler and economical solution
for data movement.
Quick & Easy to Use:
Included with Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian (Demo Versions):
OPC Desktop Historian installs quickly and easily. It is ideal for those who need
to archive process data but don't have the time, resources and money required to
implement an enterprise process historian. Click-Select-Collect!
In addition to that it is a stand-alone application with visualization tools or
become part of a bigger solution. Its scalability allows it to fit into every process
control environment, large or small.
- Easy OPC Trender: A powerful analysis tool that is easy to use,
yet comprehensive enough for the most sophisticated users.
- Provides user friendly interface from which to trend historical and real-time data.
- Supports multiple trends simultaneously on their own axis.
- Matrikon Analytics Excel Reporter: Using Microsoft Excel for
reporting and analysis, access all real-time and historical data from any OPC server.
- OPC Server for Performance Monitor(Demo Version): This OPC server
gives windows performance information it is typically part of any IT Health monitor
solution. You can measure any process (like an OPC Server) for memory performance,
CPU usage, started or stopped etc.
- Matrikon OPC Tunneller™ (Demo Version)
Supported OPC Specifications:
- Windows 7-32b
- Windows 7-64b
- Windows 10
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64b
- Windows 2012 Server R2
- Windows 2016 Server R2
- OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 2.05
- OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 3.0
- OPC HDA (OPC Historical Data Access) 1.2
- OPC Security