We're working on something important... Your future.
MatrikonOPC has tremendous opportunities for talented people seeking
challenging positions worldwide. With hands-on exposure to a variety of
projects and disciplines, each member of our team quickly develops skills that
could take years elsewhere. And since we're always growing, opportunities for
promotion and advancement abound for the right people.
We are a dynamic organization that values open communication, integrity,
innovation and success. Matrikon offers a corporate culture that supports
diversity, creativity, equality, challenge and reward. We're always looking for
individuals who strive to be the best, and we make sure you get everything you
need to succeed, personally and professionally.
If you have a passion for excellence, and entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to play for a winning team, then consider the OPC Quality Assurance Technician position at Matrikon for your next career move. We can offer you a family friendly environment, best-in-class industrial technology, significant advancement opportunities locally and around the world, and an opportunity to become a globally recognized expert in your field.
General Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Accountable to team lead for daily tasks and to the group manager for Accuracy.
- Installation of software
- Performing preset test steps
- Recording test results
- Generating reports
- Equipment set up
- Data base entry
- Documentation updating
- Involved in improving overall quality of deliverables generated in a project.
- Stay abreast of emerging quality assurance best practices and applying them to daily development activities.
- Responsible for enforcing the companies best practices relating to quality.
Experience and Education:
- Documentation of daily tasks, observed results
- Knowledge of Operating systems
- Some software trouble shooting experience
- Experience supporting software (not a requirement)
- Excellent communication skills
- Some networking experience (not a requirement)
- Technically minded with experience using applications running on windows based platforms.
- Self motivated, self directed, and ability to work both individually and within a team environment.
- Experience using bug tracking and issue tracking tools.
- Capable of understanding design documentation in order to develop appropriate quality documentation.
Matrikon values Innovation and Creativity, Passion and Drive, Care and Respect, Ownership and Integrity, Persistence and Commitment; if you can identify with these values, you will thrive in our environment.
- Technical degree or diploma and 2 years relevant experience in software testing or software support.
- Previous OPC experience would be considered an asset.
Matrikon is a leading provider of integrated industrial intelligence products for the continuous process enterprise. Our solutions promote safe, reliable operations and support our industrial clients’ vision of operational excellence.
Matrikon employs more than 500 people, working from a network of offices throughout Canada, U.S., Europe and Australia, as well as regional offices and projects worldwide.
To apply, please email email@example.com and be sure to attach your current resume and cover indicating the position you are applying for. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest; However, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.