The IEC 61850 OPC Server from MatrikonOPC provides connectivity to any IEC 61850 compliant RTU, IED (Intelligent Electronic Device), PLC, meter, transducer, relay, etc. This OPC Server enables you to monitor and control Electrical Substations and Wind Turbines located far in the fields securely and reliably. It connects to multiple devices at the same time, where the read and write operations with these devices are optimized to deliver the necessary data in time for the protective relaying.
The OPC Server for IEC 61850 supports:
- The ability to control remote device operations by performing Structured Writes to Control Blocks. New!
- Enables OPC Clients that don't support structured writes to perform structured write operations by automatically building the Custom Structure. New!
- IEC 61850 7-2 (ACSI), 7-3, 7-4, and 8-1(SCSM).
- Authorizing access to password protected devices.
- All IEC-61850 logical device, logical nodes, and Data attributes.
- Monitoring the bytes received and transmitted between devices and the OPC server as OPC A&E simple events data
- Device Report Control Block (RCB) Timestamp
- Client-Server Architecture using MMS over TCP/IP
- Supports unsolicited report-by-exception messaging using IEC61850 buffered and un-buffered reports
- Supports offline configuration (SCL files, IEC61850 parts 6-1)
- Supports browsing of entire PLC data address space
- Easily configured by importing SCL Schema file into the server in two steps.
- XML technology for saving configuration files.
- Interoperable with HMI and Historians systems such as Citect, OSIsoft PI and any OPC client application.
- Multiple communication channels at the same time for IEC 61850 Ethernet access (TCP/IP).
- Channel redundancy with multiple devices.
If security and reliability are important factors for your engineering systems, OPC Server for IEC 61850 offers you a secure and reliable connection to a wide range of automation systems.
Do you have IEC 61400-25 Wind Turbines? Use the OPC Server for IEC 61400-25.