Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian
Easily and seamlessly log process data. Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian helps optimize
operations through analysis and reporting.
Unlocking the true value of your control automation data begins with your ability
to capture and access it for future analysis, reporting, and informed decision making.
Capable of handling data capture needs ranging from a few items to tens of thousands
of data points per instance, OPC Desktop Historian is the right history tool for
use 'in the field' and the shop-floor. Focused on easy setup, easy data capture,
and secure local access - ODH can be used as a standalone historian or as a history
buffer in larger, distributed store-and-forward history architectures.
The HUB and Spoke feature allows ODH to act as the “HUB” (central historian) or
“Spoke” (remote buffer/historian) without external dependencies. With this feature,
ODH can pull or push historical data form any historian directly via the OPC interface;
no additional products required. It also has multi instance ability to configure
multiple nodes of Hub and Spoke network.
The Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian is:
- A powerful historian for the price of an OPC HDA driver!
- Easily Configurable
- Easy to deploy
- OPC DA and OPC HDA Compliant
- Low Maintenance
Try Matrikon ODH Risk Free:
For those just getting started with data capture and or those looking to archive
fifty items or fewer - Matrikon provides ODH for free, no strings attached. For
those ready to take data capture to the next level - Matrikon offers reasonably
priced packages for every job size.
Select your ODH:
OPC Desktop Historian with 50 tags
OPC Desktop Historian with 500tags
OPC Desktop Historian with Easy Trender, Excel Reporter & File Collector
Available online today
Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian includes:
- Supports input of historical data through the OPC HDA server (insert, replace,and
- Supports Strings.
- Easy, seamless data archiving. For operations optimization, analysis, reporting,
and much more
- Control over maximum load an OPC client can place on the historian.
- The Backup and Restore tool.
- Rolling Buffer Storage Engine (FF7R) for set and forget storage
- Long Term Storage (FF7) for permanent persistence.
- Tag Lifetime that enables tags that rarely change to be updated and recorded to
- File Collector that intelligently reads data from files and writes data to an HDA
server with the support of monitoring multiple directories.
Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian is a key component to an overall Hub-and-Spoke solution.
Learn more about OPC Hub and Spoke Solution here
Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian Newest features include:
- Supports history data transfer between two different HDA servers using History Link
feature as part of ODH.
- Support for configuring multiple instances of ODH to share the load (multi instance): Load Balancing helps distribute large tag count installations (ease of maintenance) and reduces the risk of performance degradation associated with large single instance installations.
- Support for configuring multiple historical data transfers (History Link load balancing)
- Installing OPC Tunneller™ as an optional component.
In this diagram, two instances of ODH are running on the Target Machine (center).
By utilizing HistoryLink the Target Machine is able to independently service data
synchronization between two different Enterprise historians (Honeywell PhD and OSI
PI) and their respective remote buffers/historians.
Instance 1 of ODH combined with HL is pulling
data from an ODH in New York City and another ODH located in Boston - pushing their
data into the Honeywell PhD the central or ‘Hub’ Historian. This is HUB and Spoke
network number 1.
Instance 2 of ODH is pulling data from an ODH
in San Antonio and an ODH at El Paso (it can be any other smaller historian) and
pushing that into PI Historian the final central hub historian. This HUB and Spoke
network number 2.
With support for multi-instance execution, the latest ODH (with a previous configuration)
allows a single PC to service multiple independent HUB and Spoke Networks. With
no additional software required - this presents a much simpler and economical solution
for data movement.
Quick & Easy to Use:
Included with Matrikon OPC Desktop Historian (Demo Versions):
OPC Desktop Historian installs quickly and easily. It is ideal for those who need
to archive process data but don't have the time, resources and money required to
implement an enterprise process historian. Click-Select-Collect!
In addition to that it is a stand-alone application with visualization tools or
become part of a bigger solution. Its scalability allows it to fit into every process
control environment, large or small.
- Easy OPC Trender: A powerful analysis tool that is easy to use,
yet comprehensive enough for the most sophisticated users.
- Provides user friendly interface from which to trend historical and real-time data.
- Supports multiple trends simultaneously on their own axis.
- Matrikon Analytics Excel Reporter: Using Microsoft Excel for
reporting and analysis, access all real-time and historical data from any OPC server.
- OPC Server for Performance Monitor(Demo Version): This OPC server
gives windows performance information it is typically part of any IT Health monitor
solution. You can measure any process (like an OPC Server) for memory performance,
CPU usage, started or stopped etc.
- Matrikon OPC Tunneller™ (Demo Version)
Supported OPC Specifications:
- Windows 7-32b
- Windows 7-64b
- Windows 10
- Windows 2008 Server R2 64b
- Windows 2012 Server R2
- Windows 2016 Server R2
- OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 2.05
- OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 3.0
- OPC HDA (OPC Historical Data Access) 1.2
- OPC Security