The DNP3 OPC SOPC Server provides connectivity to all Distributed Network Protocol (DNP3) or IEEE standard 1815 compliant devices such as RTUs, IEDs (Intelligent Electronic Device), PLCs, meters, transducers, relays, etc. As a DNP3 Master, this OPC server connects to multiple devices using one or more DNP3 levels at the same time such as:
- Network (Ethernet TCP/IP and UDP/IP)
- CDPD (Cellular Digital Packet Data)
- Dial-up (including dial-in and dial-out)
The Matrikon OPC Server for DNP3 supports the following features and operations:
- Alarms and Events: Full support for OPC Alarms and Events.
- Events Buffering: retrieves all device On-Data-Change values as OPC Events when devices that lost their connection to the OPC Server reconnect.
- Redundancy: Channel Level Redundancy
- Polling Engine: Comprehensive polling engine such as Poll Management, Port configuration, External configuration, and Communication diagnostics. See Technical details below for more info.
- Traffic Optimization: Optimized for low-bandwidth and noisy communication channels. Each read/write with slave DNP3 device is optimized for throughput.
- Supervisory control:Supervisory control using single-destination and broadcast commands
- Calculations: Advanced Calculation Engine
- Device exploration: automatic OPC tag generation
- Security: Supports OPC Security 1.0 specification
- Competitive system expansion.
- Open Connectivity: Eliminates “Vendor Lock-In” thanks to open connectivity”
Unlike other DNP3 to OPC interfaces, the Matrikon OPC Server for DNP3 can grant and deny access to tags based on user login. It is a powerful tool that enables secure access to your Control and Automation systems and opens new connectivity horizons to other parties.
This server has been tested with hardware from vendors such as ABB, Control Microsystems, GE Power Systems, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories and others.
If security and reliability are important for your Control System, then OPC Server for DNP3 is what you need. Take action now!
Industrial Strength Guarantee
Here at MatrikonOPC, we stand behind our products. Included in your purchase price
is all software updates, 24/7 access to MatrikonOPC’s world-class support from our
highly trained professionals around the globe and more for 1 year. We'll
support you or your money back!
The DNP3 OPC Server is OPC Certified!
OPC Certification is the process of ensuring that applications meet the standards specified by the OPC Foundation. OPC Certification requires extensive testing to ensure true interoperability. OPC Certification means multi-vendor system interoperability is guaranteed. If your OPC products are not certified, you need to ask your vendor what sort of guarantees they offer.
| || OPC A&E (OPC Alarms and Events) 1.0|
| || OPC A&E (OPC Alarms and Events) 1.01|
| || OPC A&E (OPC Alarms and Events) 1.1|
| || OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 1.0a|
| || OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 2.0|
| || OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 2.05a|
| || OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 3.0|
| || OPC Security 1.00|
The MatrikonOPC Server for DNP 3.0 includes support for:
- DNP protocol master including level 1, level 2 and level 3 plus selected vendor extensions (strings, reporting dead band, frozen analog inputs, etc.)
- Multiple communication channels at the same time:
- Optimized for low-bandwidth and noisy communication channels
- Supervisory control using single-destination and broadcast commands
- Channel redundancy
- Failover and Fail-back
- Runs as a Windows Service
- Comprehensive polling engine:
- Poll Management:
- Round-robin polling
- Interleaved polling
- Demand polling
- Report by exception
- Configurable polling priorities (high, medium, low)
- Port configuration:
- Multiple ports
- Configurable baud rate for each port
- Serial and TCP/IP
- Same station delay
- Direct, modem/radio, dial-up
- External configuration
- Polling engine control
- Online changes without data loss
- Complete access to communication diagnostics
- Communication diagnostics
- Status flag
- Poll count
- No-response count
- Incomplete poll
- Fail/retry count
- All station time updates
- Response timeout
| ||PC Hardware|
| || ||The following PC Hardware is required: |
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 512 MB RAM 40 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive CD-ROM driver Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors Mouse pointing device
| ||Device Hardware|
| || ||Device communication requires at least one of the following:
- Serial communications port
- RS232/422/485 cabling and/or converters
- Radio modem
- Modem (dial-up, leased line, CDPD, GPRS)
- IP compatible network (TCP/IP and UDP/IP)
| ||PC Software|
| || ||The following Windows Operating Systems will support this OPC Server:
Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)
Windows 2008 SP2 (32 or 64 bit)
Windows 2008 Server R2
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2016