The OPC Server for GE Turbines from MatrikonOPC is a standard off-the-shelf software that provides secure and reliable integration with the GE Turbine Control System. With this OPC Server users can communicate to a variety of GE Turbine Controllers such as Mark V, Mark VI, Mark Vie, Mark V LM, Mark V B… etc.
This OPC Server communicates to the GE Speedtronic Mark V and Mark VI turbine controllers using the GE Drive System (GEDS) Standard Messages, commonly referred to as the GSM protocol. This provides a high performance bi-directional data transfer making it capable of transferring high tag volumes at sub-second update rates. It also integrates GE alarms and events (including SOE) for centralized supervision & effective trouble-shooting with accurate millisecond timestamp accuracy
Features and Benefits:
- Direct connectivity to the GE Mark turbine controllers -eliminating the need for an iBOX and GSM greatly simplifying migrations to any modern HMI or Historian.
- Enables you to import controllers’ information from the TCI PC configuration files (Site’s configuration files).
- Automatic configuration of OPC Server and tag lists using TCI PC configuration files (Site’s configuration files).
- Single window to entire plant process
- High speed Ethernet communication for enhanced throughput.
- Turbine alarm & events consolidation (including SOE) at DCS for centralized management & trouble-shooting
- High availability through redundancy at multiple levels
- Bi-directional communication supporting control commands i.e. push buttons / set points from DCS saving hard-wiring
- Communication status diagnostics in DCS
- User-friendly configuration tool
- Troubleshooting logs
- Auto-start OPC Server during host system startup
Alarm & Event Integration
The OPC Server for GE Turbines from MatrikonOPC supports alarms and events via OPC for centralized alarm management. Turbine alarms can be
remotely acknowledged from DCS consoles. The OPC Server supports the following advance alarms features:
- Disable and Enable specific Alarms through OPC control items.
- Alarm information can be retrieved through OPC DA Items.
- Supports process, diagnostic alarms, and logic events via simple OPC A&E.
- Turbine Alarm Acknowledgement for: Mark V, and Mark VI (Acknowledgement is not supported for Mark VI V3 nor Mark VIe V3) (NEW!!!)
If you want to connect directly to your MarkV controller without going through GSM or TCI, use the MatrikonOPC Server for MarkV Direct Or you if you have Mark VI and want to connect directly to it use the MatrikonOPC Server for MarkVI Direct.