The OPC Server for GE Speedtronic Mark VI Direct supports direct connections to Mark VI controllers over Ethernet networks. With this OPC Server, the GE TCI/GSM software is no longer required for communication to GE Mark VI controllers. Unlike other drivers, this product offers a high performance link to the Mark VI capable of sub-second scan rates with a very simple configuration as well as supporting OPC A&E.
- Enables you to import controllers' information from the TCI PC configuration files (Site’s configuration files).
- Automatic configuration of OPC Server and tag lists using TCI PC configuration files (Site’s configuration files).
- Supports process, diagnostic alarms, and events via simple OPC A&E
- High performance link capable of transferring many tags at sub-second update rates.
- Read and Write access to tags in the Mark VI
- Supports Mark VIe controllers (NEW!!!)
- Turbine Alarm Acknowledgement for: Mark VI (Acknowledgement is not supported for Mark VIe V3) (NEW!!!)
- Channel Level Redundancy
- Advanced Calculation Engine
- Device exploration: automatic OPC tag generation
- Real-time process data (with millisecond time accuracy)
- Timestamps taken directly from the controller
- SOE (Sequence of events data)
- Can reside on the same PC as CIMPLICITY, and also reside on a remote PC
- Ethernet connection
- Supports OPC Security 1.0 specification
- Competitive system expansion.
- Elimination of the fear of being “Locked In” to a single vendor.
While the Mark VI also supports a Modbus connection, Modbus does not provide timestamps, and hence determining the proper sequence of events is typically impractical using Modbus. However, Matrikon's OPC Server for the GE Mark VI Direct provides access to both the real-time data (with millisecond accuracy), as well as SOE (Sequence of Events) data from the turbine controllers, using the timestamps from the controller.
Unlike other Mark VI to OPC interfaces, the GE Speedtronic Mark VI Direct can grant and deny access to tags based on user login. This OPC Server is a powerful tool that enables a secure access to your Control and Automation systems and opens new connectivity horizons to other parties and it is available at an unbeatable price.
The GE SPEEDTRONIC Mark VI turbine control is an integrated control, protection and monitoring system for generator and mechanical driver applications of gas and steam turbines. It is also a platform for integrating power island and balance-of-plant controls. The system is comprised of the HMI (GE CIMPLICITY), gas/steam turbine controller, and the gas/steam turbine controller. Often integrated with these core components are a variety of peripheral devices and software, such as, historians, engineering work stations, HRSG controllers, LCI static starters, and many other devices.
The OPC Server for Mark VI direct from MatrikonOPC will connect to unlimited points, unlike other OPC servers available that have a 500 point limit. This means that data will not be lost when operators switch HMI views, as an example.
Did you find what you are looking for? Find your OPC Server here.