The OPC Server for RM-80 from MatrikonOPC enables secure connectivity between RM-80 devices and OPC-supported applications such as HMIs, Historians, and ERPs, etc. This OPC Server communicates to RM-80 devices over TCP/IP through a 3rd party converter and allows for high read/write performance to and from the devices to guarantee real time data delivery.
The OPC Server for RM-80 eliminates the need for the use of proprietary RM-11 interfaces by providing an open standard method of connecting to RM-80 devices. This allows users to access real-time RM-80 data directly from their modern applications like HMIs and historians. In addition, users will no longer face with the challenges resulted from dual chain loop network, instead, they will enjoy working with a simpler, more reliable star networks.
MatrikonOPC Server for RM-80 includes a few key features as below:
- Safety Mode Mechanism is built-in to protect against accidental writes when RM-80 device is in safe mode.
- High performance link to the device; up to 31,000 per second
- Read RM-80 configuration data from the RM-80 database.
- Provides 22 OPC Status items for diagnosis (i.e: Firmware version, Errors, Channel status .. etc)
- Provides Protocol command tags to control the device.
- Supports DA 1.0, 2.0, and DA 3.0
- Device exploration: automatic OPC tag generation
- Supports OPC Security 1.0 specification
If security and reliability are important for your Control System, then the OPC Server for RM-80 is what you need. Take action now!