The OPC Server for ICCP (also known as the MatrikonOPC Server for IEC 60870-6-503 TASE.2) enables users to exchange data (real-time, historical, and event-based) over a WAN -- typically between a utility control center's SCADA/EMS host and other centers. The OPC Server will communicate ICCP through MMS (Manufacturing Message Specification) over TCP/IP.
The Inter-Control Center Communications Protocol (ICCP) is an international standard for real-time data communication between control centres. ICCP defines a set of objects and services for data exchanging.
Features of the OPC Server for ICCP include:
- Supports Block 1 and 2 Functionality
- Supports TCP/IP as transport
- Acts as an ICCP (IEC 60870-6-503 TASE.2) client
- Supports connections to multiple ICCP (IEC 60870-6-503 TASE.2) servers
- Fully compliant with OPC DA 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 specification
- Permits read and write access to available data points
- Automatic configuration