Matrikon OPC Buffer is a local historian that collects/stores OPC data, and makes
it available to any OPC Client.
What Is It?
Matrikon OPC Buffer is an off-the-shelf solution for remote data collection, buffering,
and with the optional History-Link module, historical data transfer to a central
process historian. The historian employs a rolling internal buffer so that it can
store configurable amounts of data internally and then over-write the oldest data
when the buffer length is full. An OPC Client is used to collect data, and an OPC
Server distributes the information to any client that may require it.
Matrikon OPC Buffer is ideal for engineers and project managers who need guaranteed
data collection and delivery from geographically remote sites. The flexible historian
enables users to store process data in the field or on the fly. It is an easy-to-integrate
“store and forward” solution that moves data from any OPC-enabled system to any
Unlike other remote data collection applications, it allows users to trend and view
data at the source for on-the-spot troubleshooting and data analysis without the
inconvenience of access to the enterprise historian. The historian can be configured
remotely via wireless or Ethernet network.
How Does It Work?
Matrikon OPC Buffer with History Link can be seamlessly paired in series to provide
a quick and easy, field-redundant data architecture. This makes it perfect for operational
sites that are remote or isolated from the main historical network.
Connect to any Vendor's OPC DA server
Archives data using minimal hard drive space thanks to a dynamic rolling buffer.
Schedule the transfer of OPC data to any OPC enabled process historian,
CSV or formatted text file.
Enables real-time data access via a supplied OPC DA Server
Provides historical data access of buffered data.
Forms a redundant data network by pairing OPC Buffer applications.
What Problems Does It Solve?
With traditional plant historians, data is typically stored in a proprietary format.
This makes data retrieval a cumbersome process whereby the user is forced to “buy
data back” from the vendor. A better approach is to store information locally on
a short-term basis with an open, standardized historian located at a remote site.
OPC Buffer deliers significant value to industrial firms when combined with Matrikon’s
History Link and Matrikon
OPC Tunneller solutions as part of a
“Hub and Spoke” architecture for data collection and distribution.
MatrikonOPC's Industrial Strength Guarantee
Here at MatrikonOPC, we stand behind our products. Included in your purchase price
is all software updates, 24/7 access to MatrikonOPC’s world-class support from our
highly trained professionals around the globe and more for 1 year. We'll support
you or your money back!
Supported OPC Specifications:
- OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 1.0a
- OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 2.0a
- OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 2.05a
- OPC DA (OPC Data Access) 3.0a
- OPC HDA (OPC Historical Data Access) 1.00
- OPC HDA (OPC Historical Data Access) 1.10
- OPC HDA (OPC Historical Data Access) 1.20
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Service Pack 2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server R2 Service Pack 2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server Service Pack 2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
- Intel CORE2 Duo Processor
- 2048 MB RAM
- ~80 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive