Monitor, detect, alert and protect any site, remotely and locally with OPC.
The OPC server for Motorola IP Gateway provides real time data access
to Motorola' s family of "MOSCAD" RTU's. The OPC server connects through Motorola's MCP-T SCADA gateway to provide OPC connectivity to a range of solutions that include: small remote telemetry applications, large scale SCADA systems in industry such as Rail infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Mining and Resource, Power Utilities and Water.
Users of the MatrikonOPC Server for Motorola IP Gateway can easily manipulate their field data with any number of off-the-shelf OPC client applications such as: Data Calculation platforms, trenders, historians, and other reporting tools.
Typical areas of use for the MatrikonOPC Server for Motorola IP Gateway:
- Water distribution and Waste Water Handling
- Electricity Substation and Distribution Automation
- Oil and Gas Pipelines and Substation Control
- Public Safety: Siren Control and Flood Monitoring
- Irrigation Control Systems
- Fire Station alerting
- Access Perimeter control
- Electrical Power Distribution
The MOSCAD Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) provides a data collection and processing unit with the intelligence required to operate in sophisticated Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems. Communications via two-way radio, digital microwave radio, Ethernet is supported. The MOSCAD-IP Gateways provide a centralized collection center for the SCADA field and is the optimal interfacing point for the OPC Server.
Unlike other OPC Servers for MOSCAD, the MatrikonOPC Server for MOSCAD does not limit the number of RTU’s that a user can be connected to. This feature enables users the freedom to create large solutions without worrying about extra costs.
- Supports multiple concurrent gateway connections.
- Has the ability to Poll field RTU's using COS events from its tables.
- Configurable polling schedules for RTU data points.
- Receive events by contention.
- Adjust RTU clocks.
- Full device level redundancy.
- Set gateway modes (Primary/Standby)
- Retrieve gateway status
- Retrieve RTU links status.