Matrikon® Industrial Data Gateway (IDG)
Complete Data Connectivity for Control Automation at the Edge and Beyond
From remote field conditions to demanding shop-floor environments, the Matrikon® Industrial Data Gateway (IDG) delivers rugged and reliable OPC UA/OPC Classic functionality in a single secure package.
Connect, Manage, and Share Your Data
OT Reliability meets IT Innovation & Security
IDG combines trusted Matrikon® industrial OPC data connectivity solutions with OPC UA and the latest IIoT era technologies to deliver a trusted, industrial centric, solution ready for you to use in new and existing environments.
On-Board Data Logger Based Data Capture for Assured Delivery
The IDG’s built in data logger can optionally enable you to continually buffer site data on-board so it is preserved in case network connectivity is lost before or during transfer from IDG to a central repository.
New and Legacy Systems Supported
IDG is the right solution for today’s demanding control automation projects that demand open and secure data sharing between a mix of data sources in challenging environments including:
- proprietary components
- OPC classic architectures
- OPC UA components
- local (LAN) and remote telemetry (WAN) locations
- cloud applications
- unreliable networks
- And more!
Beyond a simple OPC UA converter, IDG puts the complete range of Matrikon data connectivity and data management solutions at your disposal. This enables you to use a single, secure data appliance to for all your data related needs such as:
- Establish 3rd party data connectivity
- Buffer and access historical data locally
- Use smart-forwarding technology for guaranteed data centralization
- Future expandability
- OPC UA and OPC Classic mix, match, or migrate functionality
- Optional native Microsoft Azure connectivity via Azure IoT Edge (New)
Industrial Data Gateway (IDG) is a compact, ruggedized data connectivity, logging, and forwarding solution for the edge. Use it for field, shop-floor, and IIoT applications. IDG supports Microsoft Azure IoT Edge connectivity.
Quick Installation Guide
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 198x42x144.8mm (7.79”x1.65”x5.7”)
- Processor: Intel® Celeron® J1900
- Hard Drive: 128GB SSD (upgrade to 512BG SSD available)
- Memory: DDR3L onboard 4GB
- 2* COM, 2* USB 2.0 and 1* USB 3.0
- LAN: 2* 10/100/1000Mbps
- Display: HDMI / VGA
- Operating Temperature -20~55 °C
- Power Input: +12 V DC
- Power Consumption: 19W