The WITS OPC Server from MatrikonOPC provides open data connectivity to well site data systems using WITS compliant devices including EDR, LWD, MWD and other integrated systems, to monitor and control well sites information at drilling sites and share this data with any OPC-enabled applications such as Historians, HMIs, and SCADA, etc. securely and reliably. This OPC Server supports WITS Level 0 for sharing of information. It connects to multiple devices at the same time, where the read and write operations with these devices are optimized to deliver the necessary data in real-time fashion.
The OPC Server for WITS supports the following features:
- Supports Level 0 compliant active and passive devices of the WITS protocol
- Connects to multiple devices simultaneously
- Supports communications through TCP/IP, UDP and/or serial channels
- Fully compliant with OPC DA 1.0, 2.0a and 3.0 specification
- Permits read and write access to available data points
- Supports tag browsing
- Communication diagnostics
Unlike other WITS OPC interfaces, the MatrikonOPC Server WITS can grant and deny access to tags based on user login. The WITS OPC Server is a powerful tool that enables a secure access to your well site information systems and opens new connectivity horizons to other parties.
If security and reliability are important factors for your engineering systems, OPC Server for WITS offers you a secure and reliable connection to a wide range of automation systems.