Secure data connectivity in control automation is a hot topic (and a deep concern) in the rapidly evolving IIoT/I4.0 era. With demand for the shop floor, remote location, and cloud data connectivity booming, end-users and software developers in the control automation industry need a clear understanding of key data connectivity security concepts, what the threats are, and how they can be mitigated using OPC UA, a core IIoT and I4.0 data interoperability standard.
For a concise, easy to understand OPC UA security backgrounder, Download the “Practical OPC UA Security – What you need to know” recorded webcast to learn:
Examples of topics covered include:
Regardless of whether you are an automation end-user tasked with helping your company become more competitive or an automation vendor developer tasked with creating your company’s next-generation industrial automation-related product.
Download this video recorded with Darek Kominek (Matrikon) and Costantino (Cos) Pipero (Beeond), for this informative 60 minute OPC UA Security webinar for end-users and software developers.
- Why security experts from both the IT and OT fields, government bodies, and other standards organizations are turning to OPC UA as the open data interoperability standard of choice
- How OPC UA establishes trust between systems trying to exchange data
- what end-users and developers need to know to about implementing secure OPC UA infrastructure
- Why different OPC UA connectivity methods are available for local and remote connectivity and when to use them
- Why data connectivity security begins with the software libraries used to develop OPC UA
- How OPC UA security compares with other data connectivity standards like MQTT