The DNP3 OPC Server provides connectivity to any DNP3 compliant RTU, IED (Intelligent Electronic Device), PLC, meter, transducer, relay, etc. This server connects to multiple devices using one or more DNP3 levels at the same time such as:
- Network (Ethernet TCP/IP and UDP/IP)
- CDPD (Cellular Digital Packet Data)
- Dial-up (including dial-in and dial-out)
Coming Soon: This OPC Server will be supporting WITS-DNP3 to facilitate WITS (Water Industry Telemetry Standards) asset management, and data sets. This OPC Server will leverage the built-in Telemetry framework to communicate to WITS-DNP3 devices over Ethernet, Serial and Dial-up.
The OPC Server for DNP3 supports the following features and operations:
- Full support for OPC Alarms and Events.
- Events Buffering: the OPC Server is able to retrieve all On-Data-Change values as OPC Events when disconnected devices restore their connection to the OPC Server.
- Channel Level Redundancy
- Comprehensive polling engine such as Poll Management, Port configuration, External configuration, and Communication diagnostics. See Technical details below for more info.
- Optimized for low-bandwidth and noisy communication channels
- Supervisory control using single-destination and broadcast commands
- Advanced Calculation Engine
- Device exploration: automatic OPC tag generation
- Supports OPC Security 1.0 specification
- Competitive system expansion.
- Elimination of the fear of being “Locked In” to a single vendor.
Each read/write with the devices is optimized to maximize throughput.
Unlike other DNP3 to OPC interfaces, the OPC Server for DNP3 can grant and deny access to tags based on user login. The DNP3 OPC Server is a powerful tool that enables a secure access to your Control and Automation systems and opens new connectivity horizons to other parties and it
is available at an unbeatable price.
This server has been tested with hardware from vendors such as ABB, Control Microsystems, GE Power Systems, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories and others.
If security and reliability are important for your Control System, then OPC Server for DNP3 is what you need. Take action now!